At its March 17, 2011 meeting, the University of Michigan board of regents approved a $39 million renovation of The Lawyers’ Club and the John P. Cook buildings – part of a larger expansion and renovation effort at UM’s law school. The project will entail complete renovation of the John P. Cook building, which was constructed in 1939, along with renovations of the dormitory wing of The Lawyers’ Club, which was built in 1924 and houses nearly 260 students.
The project’s design will be handled by Hartman-Cox Architects and SmithGroup. Regents will be asked to approve a schematic design for the project at a later date.
This brief was filed from the UM regents meeting, held this month at the Westin Book Cadillac hotel in downtown Detroit. A more detailed account of the meeting will follow: [link]