Led by trustee Glenn Nelson, the AAPS board has discussed and approved a process for engaging citizens in their budget development. The proposed process and timeline is:
- Late March & Early April: Community dialogue meetings sponsored by BOE
- April 10, 2013: Administration presents projected revenues for FY 2014
- April 24, 2013: Administration presents recommended expenditure budget for FY 2014
- Early May: Community forums led by the administration on the proposed budget
- May 8, 2013: First briefing of the Budget Resolution for FY 2014
- May 22, 2013: Second briefing and action on the Budget Resolution for FY 2014
The schedule for public engagement on the budget was put forward at the board’s March 13, 2013 meeting.
This brief was filed from the board room of the Ann Arbor District Library in downtown Ann Arbor at Fifth and William. A more detailed report of the meeting will follow.