The Ann Arbor Public Schools board has released a list of six semi-finalists in its superintendent search, to replace outgoing superintendent Patricia Green. [.pdf of AAPS press release]
- Benjamin Edmondson, current AAPS principal of Roberto Clemente High School [.pdf Edmonson bio];
- Richard Faidley, superintendent for the Derry Township School District in Hershey, Pennsylvania [.pdf Faidley bio];
- Sandra Harris, retired superintendent of the Oak Park School District in Oak Park, Mich. and former AAPS director of personnel [.pdf of Harris bio];
- Henry Hastings, full-time lecturer at Eastern Michigan University [.pdf of Hastings bio];
- Brian Osborne, superintendent for the South Orange-Maplewood School District in New Jersey [.pdf of Osborne bio]; and
- Jeanice Kerr Swift, assistant superintendent of instruction, curriculum and student services for the Colorado Springs School District in Colorado Springs, Colorado. [.pdf of Swift bio]
Interview questions are being developed and will be discussed by board members at a study session on Tuesday, July 2 at 5:30 p.m. at the Balas administration building, 2555 S. State St.
Semi-finalist interviews will be held at the Courtyard Marriott, 3205 Boardwalk, on Monday, July 8 from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and on Tuesday, July 9 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Interview times on those dates are tentative, according to AAPS.)
The board might choose to schedule a regular meeting following the July 9 interviews to select finalists. If not, those selections would occur at the board’s regular meeting on July 10. Interviews with the finalists are planned for Monday, July 15 and Tuesday, July 16, with times to be determined.
The board will make its final selection for superintendent at a regular meeting on July 17 at 7 p.m. at the Courtyard Marriott. Typically, AAPS regular board meetings are held at the downtown Ann Arbor District Library, but the venue is being changed because of the Ann Arbor art fairs, which start on that date. According to the press release, AAPS is working with Community Television Network (CTN) to arrange for the July 17 meeting to be broadcast.