Two items related to serving alcohol received action at the Ann Arbor city council’s July 7, 2014 meeting.
First, the council passed a resolution that will allow several downtown businesses to serve alcohol outdoors during the Ann Arbor art fairs, to be held July 16-19 this year:
- Knight’s Restaurant (600 E. Liberty St.)
- Michigan Theater (603 E. Liberty St.)
- Neopapalis (500 E. William St.)
- Cottage Inn (508-512 E. William St.)
- New York Pizza Depot (605 E. William St.)
- Ashley’s Restaurant (338 S. State St.)
- Red Hawk Bar & Grill (316 S. State St.)
- Pizza House (618 Church)
The second alcohol-related item approved by the council on July 7 was a recommendation for a downtown development liquor license for Ruth’s Chris Steak House. The council approved the site plan for Ruth’s Chris – to be located on Fourth Avenue between William and Liberty – at its June 2, 2014 meeting.
This brief was filed from the city council’s chambers on the second floor of city hall, located at 301 E. Huron.