Candidates in the Aug. 5, 2014 primaries had until Friday, July 25 to file pre-primary finance reports for the reporting period that ended July 20.
Based on filings made so far, here’s a breakdown of how much cash (as opposed to in-kind contributions) was raised in the city council and mayor’s races in Ann Arbor. Links go to the detailed filings available from the city clerk’s office.
[Not all candidates had filed by Friday morning, but they'll have until 5 p.m. to get their paperwork in. Links and dollar amounts will be updated as that information becomes available.]
- Sabra Briere [mayor] raised $26,680 and has spent $13,656 so far.
- Stephen Kunselman [mayor] raised $7,474, added to $3,199 rolled from his council campaign and has spent $10,186 so far.
- Sally Petersen [mayor] raised $44,495 and has spent $39,441 so far.
- Christopher Taylor [mayor] raised $75,698 and has spent $60,540 so far.
- Don Adams [Ward 1] raised $4,000 plus an additional $570 that appears to fit the category of itemized cash contributions and has spent $933 so far. Updated July 28: Adams filed the incorrect form and has now filed the correct one: [.pdf of Adams' new filing]
- Sumi Kailasapathy [Ward 1] raised $5,345 and has spent $2,425 so far.
- Nancy Kaplan [Ward 2] raised $16,314 and has spent $10,285 so far.
- Kirk Westphal [Ward 2] raised $12,420 and has spent $5,883 so far.
- Bob Dascola [Ward 3] raised $7,485 and has spent $1,031 so far.
- Julie Grand [Ward 3] raised $6,595 and has spent $2,476 so far.
- Samuel McMullen [Ward 3] raised $5,315 and has spent $3,927 so far. [Filing document is from McMullen's campaign not from the clerk's office.]
- Graydon Krapohl [Ward 4] [is not required to file a pre-primary report as there is no contest]
- Leon Bryson [Ward 5] raised $1,370 and has spent $1,297 so far.
- Chuck Warpehoski [Ward 5] raised $1,415 and has spent $1,748 so far.