A 35-month, $727,545 contract with Du All Cleaning Inc. has been approved by the Ann Arbor city council – for janitorial service at city hall, the Wheeler Service Center, the water treatment plant, senior center and other city-owned facilities.
Council action came at its Aug. 7, 2014 meeting. The item had originally been scheduled to appear on the council’s July 21 meeting agenda. Responding to an emailed query from The Chronicle, city administrator Steve Powers explained that the item was delayed until the Aug. 7 meeting “to allow more time to evaluate the services of Du All during their probationary period.”
The locations and the cleaning schedule to be covered by the contract include:
- 911 Dispatch Center [Cleaned 7 days per week]
- Municipal Center [Cleaned 5 days per week]
- Wheeler Service Center [Cleaned 5 days per week]
- Water Treatment Plant [Cleaned 5 days per week]
- Veterans Memorial Park [Cleaned 5 days per week]
- Senior Center [Cleaned 4 days per week]
- Farmers Market [Cleaned 1-3 days per week depending on the season]
This brief was filed from the city council’s chambers on the second floor of city hall, located at 301 E. Huron.