Ann Arbor mayoral candidate Sally Petersen has included in her most recent campaign email a list of forums that will be taking place, leading up to the Aug. 5, 2014 Democratic primary vote.
- Saturday, June 14, 10 a.m. The Ann Arbor Democratic Party will host a mayoral candidate forum at the Ann Arbor Community Center, 625 North Main St. Refreshments and mingling with the candidates starts at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 25, 7:30 p.m. Literati Bookstore will host a mayoral candidate forum at their store located at 124 East Washington St. Questions will focus on how the next mayor of Ann Arbor can support local business owners.
- Thursday, June 26, 4:30 p.m. The Ann Arbor / Ypsilanti Regional Chamber of Commerce will host a mayoral forum at the Regent Hotel, 2455 Carpenter Road.
- Wednesday, July 9, 8 p.m. The League of Women Voters of the Ann Arbor Area is hosting a weeklong series of candidate debates. Space for a limited live audience is available at the Community Television Network studios at 2805 South Industrial Highway. The forums will be broadcast on CTN Channel 19, which is also streamed live over the Internet.
- Tuesday, July 15, 7 p.m. A group of faith organizations is hosting a forum on homelessness at the St. Clare of Assisi Episcopal Church and Temple Beth Emeth, co-located at 2309 Packard Road.
- Saturday, July 19, 1-5 p.m. Hosted by the Ann Arbor Ypsilanti Black Chamber of Commerce, this event will provide a 3-minute opportunity for candidates running in mayoral, city council, and judicial races. This event will be held in the Morris Lawrence Building at Washtenaw Community College.
Petersen currently serves on the Ann Arbor city council, as do the other three mayoral candidates in the Democratic primary: Sabra Briere, Christopher Taylor and Stephen Kunselman. No Republican is running for mayor this year. One independent candidate, Bryan Kelly, has taken out petitions.